Friday 3 July 2009

Anastacia, Heavy Rotation Tour & Wicked


I've had really good week! I went to see Anastacia at Birmingham's NIA on Sunday. She was fantastic her voice gets better and better every time I see her. My favourite is still her concert in the grounds of Warwick Castle in 2005 during the Encore Tour. That concert was amazing. She sung most of my favourite songs including Left Outside Alone, Paid My Dues, Cowboys and Kisses and You'll Be Fine. It was great to see her back after 4 years and although the latest album isn't as good as her previous ones the songs are still really good.

My favourite part of the week was Wicked. I really love that show i've now seen it 9 times and i'm not going to stop seeing it. Only Oliver Tompsett was missing from the cast although his understudy was very good. Alexia and Dianne were perfect as always. Alexia's Defying Gravity was probably the best Defying Gravity i've ever seen or heard she has really grown into the role since I last saw her.
The new cast were also brilliant. I remember Sam Kelly from 'Allo 'Allo I used to watch it with my mom when I was little and I really enjoyed seeing him on stage his Wizard of Oz is very good. Natalie Anderson was also very good I thought however I do prefer Katie Rowley-Jones and Caroline Keiff as their voices are much stronger when singing The Wicked WItch of The East. I can't fault Natalie Andersons singing or acting though.

This Weekend is my 10KM midnight walk. I'm looking forward to it a lot hopefully we will all raise plenty of money for Birmingham St. Marys Hospice. Here is the link to the Hospices web site http://www.bsmh.org.uk/

The weather this week has been unbearable. It was boiling inside the Apollo Victoria on Wednesday and the Underground was even worse. There's no pleasing the British though if it gets too hot we complain and if it's too cold we still complain.

I will Blog again after the walk.

1 comment:

  1. You had a great week, I love weeks like that.
    I am now on catch up to see Wicked as many times as you have, 3 down 6 to go, LOL!
    I commented so you could see that someone is reading your blog posts :-)

    ReplyDelete